Monday 26 September 2011

Tea and cake make Sundays great!

Recently my weekends have been filled with moving things, unpacking items, painting and other housework, which it bores me to contemplate so I won't relay the details to you...  This weekend was a little different, on the Saturday I got the boring chores out the way did some baking and packed up my little blue car for a trip to see my sister in Nottingham. 

The saturday night was filled with games of Rockband, Dr Who and anticipation of the following days events.
 The next day I iced the cupcakes I had made, my sister iced her cake, we went walked to Molly's Marvellous Market and then went to Cake Eaters Anonymous in Nottingham town centre.

The place was filled with other like minded cake enthusiasts and there was an abundance of cake!

Obviously we had to have tea with the cake, it would be rude not to!

The event helped raise money for the Nottingham Multiple Schlerosis Therapy Centre and was covered by the regional news section of BBC News. There were traditional cakes, biscuits and even a cake biscuit hybrid served in a plant pot!

All in all it was a very nice way to spend a Sunday evening! Same again next month?

No comments:

Post a Comment