Thursday 2 February 2012

52 Recipe Challenge - Week 30 recipe 2.

Last week I decided to try a couple of recipes.  This was partly because I was enjoying trying new recipes but also because I was getting more job interviews and increasing in confidence, so I thought I'd transfer the confidence this was giving me to the kitchen. (Well at least a little bit of it!)

The recipe I decided to make this time was one I had seen on another foodie's blog Missie Cindz, this was around Christmas time but it stuck in my head... so I decided to get my ingredients and give it ago.

The original recipe can be found on Missie Cindz blog.  I would suggest if you'd like to try this to get the recipe from her blog!

When making this recipe I changed it slightly from the original one by only making white chocolate fudge and not using any cranberries or fruit in it.

To make it I used:

400g White Chocolate
1 Tin of Condensed Milk
A drizzle of Vanilla Essence

To start with I broke up the white chocolate and put it in a pan.

Then I opened the condensed milk and poured it on the white chocolate.

After that I turned the hob on and stirred the mixture to melt the white chocolate.


When the white chocolate had completely melted with the condensed milk I took it off the hob, added the vanilla essence and poured it into my waiting baking tray.

Job well done I thought, then I looked at Missie Cindz recipe again and realised I had forgotten something vital... the baking paper on the tray to help remove it!  It was too late for it at that point so I just put it in the fridge and hoped for the best.


The fudge set well! The only problem was getting it out of the baking tray...


In the end I just ripped the baking tray appart and was thankful I didn't make it in something sturdier!  The fudge itself turned out quite well, I'm pleased to say!


Now I just need to work out what to do with it!








No comments:

Post a Comment