Sunday 11 November 2012

How not to write a novel: day ten of NaNoWriMo.

Today was an unexpectedly lazy day. All week I had expected to have to get up around 8 and get Paul to work, because of this I had formulated plans to take my laptop with me whilst dropping him off and to write in the library as I waited.

Thankfully he didn't have to work today so I got to have a well deserved lie in.  Then I ended up in procrastination station having breakfast, having a bath, putting the washing on, doing the pots, popping to the shop for bread and milk, making lunch, watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, putting the washing out...

Eventually when it came to late afternoon/early evening I settled down to write and managed about 1,000 words before realising I'd have to sort out tea.

So I paused my writing made some chips, wrote about another sentence and then made an omelette to go with the chips and what felt like hours later had my tea whilst watching Burn Notice.

After that I had a bit of a slump and only felt like playing with my cats and reading things on the Internet but I tore myself away from the Internet, made another drink and managed to write another thousand and a bit words.

I could probably write more but I think that the standard might go down hill so it's probably best to quit when your not trailing as far behind as you were this morning and hit the sack for another writing marathon the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment